Sausage & Gravy Casserole
- 1 can large can of refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 7 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and layer half of the biscuit pieces into the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until the biscuits are lightly browned.
- While the biscuits are baking, brown the sausage in a skillet until fully cooked. Mix in the flour and allow to cook for about 3 or 4 minutes more.
- Add the milk and salt and pepper. Stir all the ingredients in the skillet and bring to a low boil until slightly thickened.
- Pour the gravy mixture over the baked biscuits and top with the remaining biscuit pieced.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then cover will foil and bake for another 10 minutes until the top biscuits are golden brown. Enjoy!