BROILED SHRIMP AND BACON WRAPPERS
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 8 strips of bacon cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter style shortening, melted
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Optional salt and pepper
- Turn on the broiler and allow it to heat while preparing the shrimp.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each piece of shrimp and secure it with a wooden toothpick.
- Place the melted shortening in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until blended.
- Add the garlic and lemon juice and whisk until completely combined.
- Brush each shrimp thoroughly with the sauce.
- Place in a single layer on a broiler pan.
- Broil 6 minutes, turn and continue broiling 5 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.