Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins (vegan)

Ready in 20 minutes, these vegan Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins will be a new go-to, pop-able treat!  Bursting with chocolate chip cookie flavor, these soft mini muffins are sure to be a hit! They’re great for lunch boxes or as a fun after school snack.



I’ve had my eye on a mini muffin pan that was shoved to the back of the cupboard.  I just hadn’t figured out what cute little muffins to make, until my daughter brought up chocolate chip cookies. Then it hit me…

Cute mini muffin pans = Cute Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins!

Of course my daughter was all for the muffins because there were chocolate chips inside and she couldn’t resist cute little muffins.  Not to mention the popable factor even had me enticed.
Years ago, when I was in my 20’s, I remember snacking on mini muffins.  I would buy a box of those individually packaged mini chocolate chip muffins, you know, the chintzy pack of 4.  Even though there were only 4 to a pack, I thought they were the best 4 mini muffins ever.  Now, I cringe at the ingredients in those little packages.



So, in the kitchen we went to make some healthier (than those mini chemical muffins), vegan and chemical-free Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins!


These mini muffins are ready in about 20 minutes. And they’re fairly easy to toss together:

  • Sift your dry ingredients.
  • Cream together the coconut sugar and oil.
  • Mix in the remaining wet ingredients.
  • Then, fold in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
  • Now, all that stands between you and those soft little chocolatey muffins is 10 minutes of baking.


HOW TO ACHIEVE MINI MUFFIN PERFECTION:

Sifting the flour and folding in the dry ingredients–rather than mixing–is important to achieve perfect, fluffy pillow top muffins.  I’ve seen plenty of over mixed, flat-top muffins around the web (and in my own kitchen).
Not anymore!
Since I began sifting and folding in the dry ingredients, I’ve been able to achieve soft, fluffy muffins rather than dense, thick muffin pucks.  And I know you’ll have the same success, so let’s get baking!

Ingredients

Dry

  • 2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/3 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar, packed*


Wet

  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup organic refined coconut oil, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Instructions

  1. Start by greasing a mini muffin pan with coconut oil and preheating your oven to 375º.
  2. Then measure the almond milk and stir in the vinegar. Set aside to create buttermilk.
  3. In a medium bowl sift together your flour, baking soda and salt. set aside.
  4. In a large bowl cream together the coconut sugar and oil.
  5. Stir the remaining wet ingredients (almond milk/vinegar mix and vanilla extract) into the creamed coconut sugar and oil.
  6. With a sturdy spatula, fold in half the dry ingredients. Once incorporated, fold in the other half.
  7. Now, fold in the chocolate chips until everything is evenly combined.
  8. Fill each muffin cup to the top, using up the batter to fill all 24 cups.
  9. Bake at 375º for 8-10 min or until toothpick comes out clean of batter.
  10. Allow to cool for at least 5 min before transferring to a cooling rack.
  11. To store–allow muffins to cool completely, then store in an airtight container for up to 5 days (if they last that long).

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel